Schedule Your Surgery at Our Weight Loss Clinic at the Gold Coast
If you feel that your weight is holding you back from living a productive life or has caused you to feel unwell, it is time to visit our weight loss clinic at the Gold Coast to learn more about surgical intervention and endoscopic interventions With years of experience in the field, the team with Dr Harald Puhalla, General Surgeon, is well-versed in the latest techniques for this life-changing surgery.
Tips for Getting More Value out of Surgical Weight Loss at Our Centre on the Gold Coast There are many steps that you can take once you take part in surgical weight loss at our centre on the Gold Coast.
- Be diet-conscious: The dietitian will review the list of food and drink choices that you should adhere to after your surgery. A good rule of thumb is to plan to avoid foods that are high in sugar, fat and carbonated drinks. Your caloric intake will be limited after surgery, so plan regular mealtimes to enjoy small portions of foods that are rich in protein and other essential nutrients.
- Stay hydrated: Fine-tuning your water-drinking habits after surgery will help not only your recovery but your quality of life. Many people make the mistake of thinking that they are hungry when their body just needs additional fluids. Plan to have a bottle of with water with you and sip along while at work or even while exercising. After weight loss surgery it can be difficult to drink large amount of water within a short period of time.
- Stick to your follow-up appointments: You must come to your post-surgery appointments to ensure that your body is healing correctly. Don’t forget to schedule an appointment with our trained dieticians, who can help you work on your eating habits and daily menu: this surgery is just step one in a lifelong journey toward a healthier existence.
- Take regular Multivitamins. It is highly recommended after all weight-loss operations to take multivitamins regularly in the long-term and have regular blood tests to make sure the body stays healthy.
Key Questions to Ask Dr Harald Puhalla, General Surgeon at the Gold Coast, about Weight Loss Solutions
Our patients typically have an abundance of questions associated with weight loss solutions including the following.
- What are the pre-surgery preparations? Two weeks before your surgery date, the dietitian places you on a low-calorie diet. This diet aids in reducing your liver size and the amount of abdominal fat in your body, which makes the surgery process easier. We recommend you will stay on the same low-calorie-diet until about two weeks after your weight loss operation until you follow up with your dietitian who will than further upgrade your diet.
- How long is the recovery time? Recuperation time varies from patient to patient and depends on the type of weight loss operation. Most patients will stay two to three nights in the hospital. If you experience any extreme pain during recovery, reach out to our office immediately.
- Can I exercise? After recovery, exercise should become part of your normal routine. Don’t start too soon to avoid injuries. Mobilising early after surgery is important for your recovery process. Once at home gentle walks are recommended which you can slowly increase (don’t forget to talk a water bottle with you). About three months after surgery more intense exercising is recommended best guided by an exercise physiologist or experienced personal trainer.
Why You Should Work with Dr Harald Puhalla, General Surgeon
The goal of the team behind Dr Harald Puhalla, General Surgeon, is to provide you with the tools that you need to maintain a healthier and happier lifestyle. We take a personal approach to each case and supply you with the support you need through your journey. Reach out to schedule your consultation.